Are you concerned about protecting your assets if you need Medicaid for nursing home care in New York?
Do you have questions about the Medicaid assets limits and the Medicaid look-back?
“14 Ways to Preserve Your Assets with the New York Medicaid Laws” seminar will be presented for free at the Clarence Senior Center, 4600 Thompson Rd, Clarence, NY 14031 on Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 1:30 PM .
- 7 ways to pay for long term care expenses.
- Estate and financial planning considerations of planning for nursing home care.
- Asset and income requirements for Medicaid eligibility.
- The penalty period for the transfer of assets.
Learn how to preserve your assets and plan for incapacity with:
- Properly documented gifts;
- Spousal allowances and exemptions;
- Update your will;
- Powers of attorney;
- Long term care insurance:
- Living Trusts;
- Prepaid funeral accounts;
- Caregiver agreements;
- Transfers to disabled children;
- Spend-down your assets;
- Emergency Medicaid planning with promissory notes;
- Health care proxies and living wills;
- Real Estate Exemptions:
- transfer your current home to your children with a life estate deed
- purchase a life estate interest in another person’s home or in a new home
- primary residence
- sibling with an equity interest
- caregiver child
To register for the free seminar, call 716 .542 .5444 or complete the contact form.